FORMA 2023 | Called to Covenant
FORMA 2023 | Called to Covenant
January 17-19, 2023
Join us onsite in Alexandria, Virginia and online (see full schedule for online offerings)
Forma Annual Conference
The Annual Conference is an opportunity for Forma to encourage and develop Christian educators, inside and outside the Episcopal tradition, to grow in how they educate and minister. This year, our theme is "Called to Covenant." Our four plenaries will be focusing on how we are called, through Micah 6:8, to "do justice, love kindness, and walk humbly with God."
Individual Registration Cost
Click here to register!
Onsite - Early Bird Registration (August 1-September 15) - $350 *There are a limited number of Early Bird tickets available
Onsite - General Registration (September 16-January 1) - $375
Pre-Conference (onsite, three options) (August 1-January 1) - $75
Online - Registration (see full schedule for online offerings) - $150
A block of rooms has been reserved at The Westin in Old Town Alexandria. The nightly rate is $160, which does not include breakfast.
The Westin is .5 miles from the King St-Old Town Metrorail Station and about a 20-minute drive from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport.
Click here to reserve a room at The Westin with the Forma Annual Conference rate.
Click here to register a diocese!
Diocesan Packages start at $2,100, which is 20% off the regular cost of 5 onsite + 5 online registrations and includes:
- Ability to host affinity group/informational gathering (Wednesday or Thursday from 9:00-10:00AM ET)
- Ability to be included in marketing materials in welcome packet
- Name listed on conference webpage
- Sponsorship profile set up in the app - features allow people to contact you for a mtg or additional information
The Diocesan Package includes 5 onsite and 5 online registration codes. Additional registration codes may be added to this package at a 10% discount off the regular price.
Pre-Conference offerings will take place on Tuesday, January 17th from 9:30-3:30PM at Virginia Theological Seminary. Participants have three options to chose from:
- Operationalizing the Baptismal Covenant: From Personal Discipleship to Mutual Ministry (200 tickets available)
- Music That Makes Community Paperless Singing Workshop (30 tickets available)
- Understanding Suicide Risks, Warning Signs, and Strategies for Prevention (50 tickets available)
For descriptions of each option, click here.
The most up-to-date conference schedule, including information about plenary speakers, can be found here.
To be announced, click here to submit a workshop proposal!
The Conference Committee will be following COVID-19 rates carefully in the weeks prior to the Forma Conference. Based on COVID rates at the time of the event, participants may be asked to: 1. Show proof of COVID vaccination or a negative PCR test upon arriving at the conference. 2. Take a rapid COVID test before traveling to the conference. 3. Wear a mask during the conference except when eating, drinking, or presenting.
To be announced. Sign up to sponsor the 2023 Forma Annual Conference here!
To be announced. Sign up for diocesan package here!
2023 Forma Annual Conference Schedule
Tuesday, January 17 (onsite at Virginia Theological Seminary)
- 9:00am Forma Pre-Conference (onsite only)
- Note: Pre-Conference Registration will begin at 9:00am in Addison Academic Center at Virginia Theological Seminary (click here for map of VTS). All Pre-Conference offerings will run from 9:30am-3:30PM.
- 4:00pm Conference Welc…
2023 Forma Pre-Conference Options
The 2023 Forma Pre-Conference will take place on the campus of Virginia Theological Seminary on Tuesday, January 17, 2023 (click here for map of VTS). Registration begins at 9:00AM and Pre-Conference offerings run from 9:30-3:30PM. Lunch is included in the Pre-Conference registration fee. There are three options to choose from.
Operationalizing…Read More »