Mission and Vision for the 21st Century
At Forma we celebrate, equip, support and connect leaders who form followers of Jesus. - Ephesians 4:11-16
Forma is a community of...
Love and Care: We share God’s love and care for others by fostering connection, celebration, hospitality, and reconciliation.
Creativity and Wonder: We explore God’s creation with curiosity by encouraging openness, playfulness and stewardship.
Formation and Education: We equip the saints for ministry by forming Christian leaders who will shape the Church.
Integrity and Dignity: We act with authenticity and integrity by respecting the dignity of every human being.
Honor and Call: We discern and honor the gifts God has given each of us by listening and answering God’s call.
Vision and Objectives for the 21st Century
Lead by Example: Forma is committed to engaging a process of reconciliation through reflection and action that leads to an ongoing transformation of our hearts, minds, and work to manifest peace and justice within the board, our membership, the church, and the world.
Professional Development: Forma develops and articulates a web of professional opportunities for formation ministers including:
- An annual nurturing, renewing, equipping conference
- Certificate programs which support our life-long formation and equips us to form followers of Jesus
- A mentor program
As an advocate of formation:
- Forma advocates for practitioners in their own congregation and diocese and denomination
- Forma advocates for justice in the vocation of Lay professionals.
Resources for the Church: Forma provides resources to the wider church through a variety of means. These resources equip and support formation leaders:
- from clergy to lay
- from paid to volunteer
- from corporate to family size parish
- from preschool to university chaplaincies
- for lifelong formation from the youngest to the oldest