Forma 2021 - January 26-28, 2021
Forma21: Embodying Spiritual Practices
Individual Registration - $130
Discounted Group Registrations Available through Institutional Packages - $1300 to $2500
If you are attending as part of a diocese or institution registration,
click "Register Now" and have your discount access code ready
January 26-28, 2021: The Forma21 gathering will include opportunities for leaders to experience community and learning through curated worship, wisdom, and workshop offerings.
In a time such as this, how do we as leaders and individuals embody and rejuvenate our own Spiritual Practices, and then how do we lead this rejuvenation in our ministry context? This the core question we will be leaning into during Forma21 as we listen to wisdom-leaders and each other.
- Mark and Lisa Scandrette, co-founders of ReIMAGINE: A Center for Christian Practice and authors of Belonging and Becoming: Creating a Thriving Family Culture (Intervarsity Press, 2006) will help us reimagine what life and ministry can look like when it is nourished by spiritual practices 7 days a week.
- Aaron Niequist a liturgist, writer, and pastor currently living in NYC, and creator of A New Liturgy, a collection of modern liturgical worship recordings and author of The Eternal Current: How a Practice-Based Faith Can Save Us, will be shepherding our worship experience.
- The Rev. Ranjit K. Mathews, the rector of St. James Episcopal Church in New London, CT will be our Conference Chaplain, offering times for renewal and restoration.
- Dr. Westina Matthews, an adjunct professor for the Center for Christian Spirituality at General Theological Seminary, author, public speaker, spiritual director, and retreat leader will preaching during our closing worship experience.
Throughout the conference, workshops will be offered within the Way of Love (spiritual practices for a Jesus-Centered life) framework. Each of the practices - Turn, Learn, Go, Worship, Learn, Pray, Bless, and Rest – will be reflected in a selection of purposefully-curated workshops, offered by seasoned church leaders, and participants like you – helping to provide a wide-variety of information, innovation, and imagination
Benefits for attendees:
- Access to live events and curated workshops during January 26-28
- First access to recorded workshops and additional digital content post-conference
- Invitation to Coffee Hour Chats with Wisdom Leaders
- Continuing Education Fulfillment Hours
Note: Refunds will not be given for this event. You may transfer your registration to another participant or later ECF-hosted conference. For more information please contact [email protected]
Forma | A Ministry of ECF is a community of...
- Love and Care: We share God’s love and care for others by fostering connection, celebration, hospitality, and reconciliation.
- Creativity and Wonder: We explore God’s creation with curiosity by encouraging openness, playfulness and stewardship.
- Formation and Education: We equip the saints for ministry by forming Christian leaders who will shape the Church.
- Integrity and Dignity: We act with authenticity and integrity by respecting the dignity of every human being.
- Honor and Call: We discern and honor the gifts God has given each of us by listening and answering God’s call.